- Joined
- Jun 3, 2010
- Messages
- 563
Hi all. My system is as follows: Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5 GHz RAM: 4 GB 800 MHz Graphics: XFX ATi Radeon HD 5770 OS: 64-bit Vista Home Premium
What can I upgrade to get a bit more out of this system? I got the CPU last christmas, so if possible I'd like to keep that.. but would a GPU upgrade do much for me?
Also, I am thinking about doing a full new mobo build in the next year-year and half, so keep that in mind. I'd like to go to the latest intel-capable socket, so hopefully that will be a big jump.
TL;DR: upgrade cpu, gpu, or wait for new full build?
..also, would I be able to run Skyrim at 1920x1080 with current specs?
Cheers
/iP
What can I upgrade to get a bit more out of this system? I got the CPU last christmas, so if possible I'd like to keep that.. but would a GPU upgrade do much for me?
Also, I am thinking about doing a full new mobo build in the next year-year and half, so keep that in mind. I'd like to go to the latest intel-capable socket, so hopefully that will be a big jump.
TL;DR: upgrade cpu, gpu, or wait for new full build?
..also, would I be able to run Skyrim at 1920x1080 with current specs?
Cheers
/iP















