mouse not tracking in game (mac)

Von

Active Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
357
ok so my mouse (and other mice) have been giving me issues. i installed DoD:s on my macbook pro (osx 10.6.8) because my desktop died. my wireless mouse works totally fine normally and even works fine in the DoD menus but when i enter a server it wont track. I can fire and scroll, all the buttons and scroll wheel work, the mouse just won't track so I can look around. and this ONLY when i'm actually in a server. other wise the mouse is totally fine. i've tried with a few different mice (only wireless though i dont have a wired mouse with me) and always the same issue. i'm assuming this is some sort of mac/dod compatibility issue?
if anyone has had this problem or knows, help would greatly be appreciated.
 
ok i figured it out. when the steam cloud synced with my mac it took my settings from my pc, which included using raw input for the mouse. so that was checked and couldn't be unchecked. so in console i just did m_rawinput 0 which fixed it. and to have it be permanent and i just set +m_rawinput 0 in the game launch options. so there we go.
 
I had this same problem when I was dual-booting Mac and Windows and using raw input under Windows. That's nice to know you can fix it with a console command. I had fixed it by restarting into Windows and deselecting raw input.

I think Steam should get raw input working in source games on Mac!
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top