COMODO BSoD's Me?

kYuKi

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,354
Yeah, so I've reinstalled my firewall because it's been having issues (COMODO firewall to precise) and still had the exclamation mark on it (meaning something is wrong) and so I ran the diagnostic (did this before and had no issues). It was taken a while (5-6 mins) then the next thing I know I get the BSoD. I restarted my computer and the windows error box came up after everything loaded. The exclamation mark is gone now though.

So weird tbh. Never had a Firewall/Antivirus software ever BSoD or heard of such a thing happen, at least to me.
 
You might try...

Kyuki,

My suggestion would be try running an anti-malware program to see if any hidden scripts are plaguing your system. From personal experience, I prefer Malwarebytes, which you can grab a free version HERE. Run the diagnostic and see if any threats appear. If they do, you'll have to manually remove them from your PC (Malwarebytes should show the file path) by finding and deleting them; unfortunately this is one of the repercussions of trying the free version.

If that doesn't show anything, try using a different anti-virus' scan to see if it finds the threat(s). If you're using a Windows OS, try Microsoft Security Essentials located HERE. A different anti-virus program may have a more recent definitions database or use different methods of seeking out threats. In any case, just don't use AVG!
 
Last edited:
Well, I haven't had any signs, but I will post anything that comes up.

At the moment I've reinstalled COMODO without the AV. Using Windows Defender until I find something else more suitable or might even reinstall the COMODO AV, but I'm having problems with the installer. I also have IObit Malaware and the Malicious Software Removal Kit from Microsoft.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top