Strange lines and screen flashing

Mobeus

Title Not Found
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
404
I'm having an odd problem I've NEVER seen or heard of before. I get this line across my screen while playing games and everything below the line flashes like crazy. :cursing:
This link of me in the dota 2 menu (Removed link) is a small video of it. I can't seem to get a screenshot of it ingame and the pictures I took of my screen didn't show it well.

Can anyone tell me what this is and if it can be fixed?

I'm thinking it just my old card but I'm not sure.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the 50+ views everyone. They really helped me fix this.
 
Honestly, no idea what kind of error this is.
Just letting you know so wouldn't think I'm not helping a little at least
 
If your monitors good then its typically a bad video card that causes that. Without being there to troubleshoot though its hard to say 100%. I always save an old VC for that reason, then you can throw it in and know for sure. Good Luck!!
 
hey,

Can you post your rigs specs?? Sounds like your vid card, I had a similar problem with crossfire 2x cards had flashing lines on the sky and floor, I took out the cards cleaned the pci-e "pins" and swamped them around and have not had a problem since. If you don't know how to clean the contacts send me a pm and ill explain. not 100% its the card need more info.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top