Looking for a new motherboard.

VP :3

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
4,834
So, I've decided to look for another motherboard so I can crossfire 6850's when I get the second one. I currently have an ASUS M4A87TD-EVO and learned it will really bottleneck my computer if I crossfire. My price range for a motherboard is $100 to $200. My CPU is an AMD, so only AMD boards will be taken for consideration, also knowing they can crossfire. Thanks! :D
 
Well, if you are willing to spend $200, the Fatal1ty 990FX is one of my favorites:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157267

solid voltage regulation, plethora of feature, slick color scheme, nice spacing between the PCIe slots.

Another good board is the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128509

suffers from quite a bit of vdroop, but unless you are going for a pretty intense overclock it shouldn't matter.

a bit cheaper is the 990FXA-UD3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514

similar to the UD5, but only supports 2-ways SLI/CFX

not as much vdroop on this board.

even cheaper is the Asrock 970 Extreme4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157262
despite being advertised as 970 chipset, it is actually 990X, and thus supports 8x8x crossfire and SLI
 

Latest posts

Back
Top