HTC Desire HD stuck on white screen after root

The Slayer

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
1,948
I put a new custom rom on my htc desire hd, but I didn't found it a good one. So I wanted a new one, I needed to root him again. I downloaded Hacer ace kit and with the cmd I downgrade my htc but when downgrade was finnished my laptop just crashed, and now when I want to restart my portable, he's stuck on a white screen with HTC in green on it.

Can anyone assist me on what to do?

-Slayer
 
Same thing happened when I tried to jailbreak my ancient ipod touch. Think you're pretty much screwed right there.
 
I tried google for a "hard format". It isn't an option there ;s. Does warranty cover this? :P
 
I believe holding down the "power button" and "volume down" at the same time puts the phone in "bootloader". Once your there choose the option the reset/erase data. If that doesn't work the phone is bricked and that point I would head to XDA for a solution. HTC locks there roms but someone always figures a workaround for that :)
 
As far as your warranty goes.. Putting a custom rom on a phone almost always voids your warranty.
 
I hope i'm not too late but you're just getting a bootloop.

1. Remove the battery
2. Put the battery back
3. Hold the power and volume down button
4. Keep holding until it goes to bootloader, (if it is not rooted then it will restore your phone into factory which means you will lose everything)
5. If the bootloader opens go to recovery and restore.

I would do the manual way of rooting and rom installing to avoid problems like this, there's enough guides and enough people to help on the XDA forums on any android phone you have :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top