Should I Upgrade My Internet Service?

iEye Captain

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
2,849
Current service:

Down: Up: Cap: Cost:
Up to 3 Mbps Up to 256 K 300GB $27.95/month

Upgrade:

Down: Up: Cap: Cost:
Up to 12 Mbps Up to 512 K 300GB $36.95/month

I understand in online gaming, Up is more important than Down... but...

Will the potential gameplay improvements be worth the $10 extra per month?

If it helps, I live in a populated area.

Thanks for the advice.
 
for that kinda of price, sure.

I have 2.5Mb down .5 up, which translates roughly to 300KB/s down, and 48KB/s up

works fine for gaming, but skype or other video calling gives the person on the other end a really crummy picture.

but w/e it's cheap (relative)
 
I'm not a networking guy, but for an extra $10/mo, I'd say shoot for it! Skip a couple coffees or burgers a month and you've got four times the download speed and an okay boost in upload.

Both of these things will help improve latency/ping in games and make downloading games and their files and patches thereof much smoother, and if you torrent, it will improve torrent quality as well.

I'm actually kind of jealous because we pay something like $80/monthly for 3mb/s. Screw Comcast.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top