Cant get my SWTOR Launcher to launch

!EpIc fAiL!

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
2,623
The game was working fine earlier today. Now when i go to launch it, the launcher doesn't come up. I've checked my task manager (processes) and when ever i click on the launcher i notice a notepad.exe is launched. How do i fix this?

I have tried restarting my PC. Running a registry cleaner. Re-downloading the launcher. None of those worked. Note that notepad doesn't actually come up, it only shows in the processes.

When i navigate to - program files-Electronics Arts- Bioware- SWTOR- launcher.exe.update. I see a launcher there. But when i click on it, it tries to download the whole game again. It says "Downloading English Video 1- 1.66 GB"
 
I'm having trouble as well. Game is downloaded and I'm all set up, but the "Start" button is grey'd out. I sent in a support ticket. It has to be a problem on their end.


I will update when I get a response.
 
Hmmmm. Can someone fill me in on whats SWTOR? lol i might be able to help but idk what it is

/facepalm

Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you're not participating in the Beta, I'd doubt you can help.

Plus, Epic Fail needs to post again because he mentioned in vent to Medviah and I that he was able to fix it.
 
/facepalm

Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you're not participating in the Beta, I'd doubt you can help.

Plus, Epic Fail needs to post again because he mentioned in vent to Medviah and I that he was able to fix it.

Whoa bro chill. :P Im sorta new PC games and beta. I only recently got into gaming about 8 months ago when i built my pc. Chillax. Plus i dont play star wars. Sorry. :(
 
Not really on topic per se, but I wanna say it. After resetting my password 3 times and setting up my security questions, I finally was able to setup to beta test today. Unfortunately I have to redownload it I think >_>
 
This is how i fixed it.

1. I re-downloaded the launcher.
2. I navigated to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
3. I deleted any files that looked like this launcher_0 ( i had 55 of these), patcher.version, launcher settings, launcher.exe
4. reinstalled the launcher i downloaded. The launcher came up and i was ready to play.
 
This is how i fixed it.

1. I re-downloaded the launcher.
2. I navigated to C:Program FilesElectronic ArtsBioWareStar Wars - The Old Republic
3. I deleted any files that looked like this launcher_0 ( i had 55 of these), patcher.version, launcher settings, launcher.exe
4. reinstalled the launcher i downloaded. The launcher came up and i was ready to play.

lol i think i have the same problem now >_> I'll try that and see if it works :)

Edit: Nope didn't change a thing :(
 
Last edited:
Check these before you submit a ticket to SWTOR. They will ask you very similar questions.

1. Are you participating in beta?
2. Is the servers down for maintenance? (they go down a lot)
3. Did you follow their new "security" protocol in changing your PW and setting up questions?
4. Check your SW account on their site to see if there are any discrepancies with your account.
5. When in doubt, re-install
 
Check these before you submit a ticket to SWTOR. They will ask you very similar questions.

1. Are you participating in beta?
2. Is the servers down for maintenance? (they go down a lot)
3. Did you follow their new "security" protocol in changing your PW and setting up questions?
4. Check your SW account on their site to see if there are any discrepancies with your account.
5. When in doubt, re-install

Who are you advising? Digital or Epic? No offense, but the advice you gave is redundant for either of them since they're both participating in the Beta, they would notice the servers being down for maintenance, and in the end, doesn't even address what they have done so far. Point of fact: They specifically mentioned already re-installing the game. And if you're trying to advise Epic, he already fixed his problem... :thumbdown:

@Cloaked I wasn't trying to be mean. I'm just honestly surprised you wouldn't know what SWTOR meant at this point since it's been a big topic of gaming the past month. There's even an entire subforum dedicated to it in the Op:X division.
 
I'm having trouble as well. Game is downloaded and I'm all set up, but the "Start" button is grey'd out. I sent in a support ticket. It has to be a problem on their end.


I will update when I get a response.

So today when I launched the installer, the "Start" button is click-able. So they must have fixed whatever was causing me the problem.


WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 

Latest posts

Back
Top