Sub-$1000 Build (Or close to it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reflex, you're doing some weird parsing for the argument. While the general overview has shifted, it didn't completed go to the opposite side. Plus he never states the negation of the first argument, just adding more premises.
 
Reflex, you're doing some weird parsing for the argument. While the general overview has shifted, it didn't completed go to the opposite side. Plus he never states the negation of the first argument, just adding more premises.

at first his arguement was

"That psu does not have favorable reviews. I might look elsewhere, like corsair tx or xfx."

Indicating that It was a poor unit, purely performance/quality wise since reviews should not factor in price since it is variable.

Not to mention that XFX nor Corsair TX series have any comparable units (feature wise) for $70.

Then he conceded to my facts, and decided to change his arguement to this:

"This does not change the fact that at this price point and wattage, there are units that are easily better. If he is able to return it, I would."

So now the argument is that there are better units at the price point and wattage?

This is also false. There are no 700w modular units that are less expensive than the ModXstream pro.
 
at first his arguement was

"That psu does not have favorable reviews. I might look elsewhere, like corsair tx or xfx."

Indicating that It was a poor unit, purely performance/quality wise since reviews should not factor in price since it is variable.

Not to mention that XFX nor Corsair TX series have any comparable units (feature wise) for $70.

Then he conceded to my facts, and decided to change his arguement to this:

"This does not change the fact that at this price point and wattage, there are units that are easily better. If he is able to return it, I would."

So now the argument is that there are better units at the price point and wattage?

This is also false. There are no 700w modular units that are less expensive than the ModXstream pro.

I'm not denying the validity nor truth value of your arguments, merely stating that your accusation that his has done a complete (and clear) 180 is false. It would only be a true 180 if and only if he said the exact negation of the first argument.

Man, I'm so off-topic. Listen to reflex about PSUs. He knows what he's talking about and can back up his statements with facts.
 
at first his arguement was

"That psu does not have favorable reviews. I might look elsewhere, like corsair tx or xfx."

Indicating that It was a poor unit, purely performance/quality wise since reviews should not factor in price since it is variable.

Not to mention that XFX nor Corsair TX series have any comparable units (feature wise) for $70.

Then he conceded to my facts, and decided to change his arguement to this:

"This does not change the fact that at this price point and wattage, there are units that are easily better. If he is able to return it, I would."

So now the argument is that there are better units at the price point and wattage?

This is also false. There are no 700w modular units that are less expensive than the ModXstream pro.

Where are these good reviews you are talking about? jonnyguru forum topic on this psu does not like the quality of this unit either, so again, I would not recommend this unit. The fact that you recommend this quality OCZ unit is good to know. I will have to rethink your recommendations in the future though.

Sales are always going on allowing for price differences to mean little.

I've conceded to none of your facts??? Which facts are those and where are they?

Modular does not make this quality OCZ unit good. The fact that it is cheap does not make it good. These "variables" just make it attractive to the uninformed. So does a name like ModXstream pro.

For starters, I might look at this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207014
 
Alright. I'm going to have this thread locked because
1) PSU is already bought. Can't return it. Not going to return it. End of story.
2) I already said I'm looking at swapping the PSU I bought with the one I'm using. A Xigmatek 750watt PSU.
3) The fact that's it cheap doesn't mean it's NOT good. And I resent the implied statement that I'm uninformed. Considering that I not only set up this thread to originally ask for opinions on models, I've also talked to a number of different PC builders personally, checked website reviews, and everything. If you recall, I went from a Corsair PSU to the OCZ because I deemed it good enough for what I wanted to do with it.
4) I will have an admin unlock the thread at a future point when I get the build completed, to post pics.

Thanks everyone for your support and opinions on this build.
 
I would deconstruct both of your arguments (PM me if you want that), but as snipe says, it is irrelevant now.
 
Locked by request of OP.

In the future, please keep things decent and level-headed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top