Motherboard help

Muffs

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Aug 11, 2010
Messages
3,061
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-
So I bought this motherboard thinking it would be compatible with my old gateway case. But... it's not. So any ideas on a place holder case I could use until Spring when I'm going to get a new one. I only have around 35$ I can spend on my case. So any ideas.. btw yeah I know its a really tight budget but I just spent 900$ and have no job /:
 
Last edited:
Is the Power supply you own have a standard 20 pin connector on it? In other words.. if the motherboard would fit in your gateway, would the PS plug into it?

I only ask because the PS's that come with the cheaper cases are usually crap.

The cases ship out of Neweggs Western warehouse. Cali if memory serves.
 
Last edited:
Never trust a guy who's name " OnAMac " LOL jk. <3 im just messin. But depends on what kind of gateway case he has. There was so many of em. I actually still have a gateway from back in 1998. And it works fine still. Of course id ont game on it or anything lol. It just sits in a box as it collects dust.
 
Well you see my problem is when I try to install it the pins for the motherboard don't line up in the case, my old mobo was a weird square one and my new one is a rectangle. I can spend more than 35$ but would rather not.
 
Never trust a guy who's name " OnAMac " LOL jk. <3 im just messin. But depends on what kind of gateway case he has. There was so many of em. I actually still have a gateway from back in 1998. And it works fine still. Of course id ont game on it or anything lol. It just sits in a box as it collects dust.

LOL.. I only ask because if he needs a PS.. That price range will be tough
 
Well you see my problem is when I try to install it the pins for the motherboard don't line up in the case, my old mobo was a weird square one and my new one is a rectangle. I can spend more than 35$ but would rather not.

Well If you could shell out maybe an extra 10-15$ then you would be golden. You dont want to get a cheap case because then you might be making a worse decision. The cheaper you go normally the worse the quality of the product is. But that case ive heard great reviews on and i wish i have used it for my current build. But i have a 912 HAF. Ill look for some other cases that i can find for cheap. ;)
 
Is the Power supply you own have a standard 20 pin connector on it? In other words.. if the motherboard would fit in your gateway, would the PS plug into it?

I only ask because the PS's that come with the cheaper cases are usually crap.

The cases ship out of Neweggs Western warehouse. Cali if memory serves.

I have a separate 700w power supply that didn't come with my case
 
Well you see my problem is when I try to install it the pins for the motherboard don't line up in the case, my old mobo was a weird square one and my new one is a rectangle. I can spend more than 35$ but would rather not.

Will your PS plug into the 20 pin connector of your new MB?
 
just set it on top of the motherboard box.... wasting $40 on a case that you don't plan to keep for a while is kinda silly IMO. Save $40 now, and put it towards something you really like, and is high quality.

Glorious ain't it?
img20111127221640.jpg
 

Latest posts

Back
Top