Upgrading friends computer

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
So one of my friends from church just told me that his computer is down. From what he described, sounds like the psu possible went out. Told him that I had a recent situation just like his. Asked him bout his build (best I could get info bout it). He says he has dual gpu, intel quad core, 8gb (possible 4x2gb). Need suggestions on some good power supplies to help him get back up. I also told him his motherboard may be gone as well, but told him I wasnt sure (told him based on my experience). Im thinkin bout possible 600-650 for a min watt psu. Any & all suggestions r welcome! Feel free to ask any ?s.

Also the more info I get bout his system, the sooner ill update this thread. Im hoping to meet up w/ him real soon to get a better understanding of his situation.
 
What reflex said. Though specifically which graphics card can make a big difference in power draw. Crossfire 6850s will be good on 550W, but SLI 580s will want 850W minimum.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top