Alt-Tab fails

Ranchito

Rookie
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
72
Ok so I updated my graphics to hd 6970 from hd 48xx, new hd monitor, and had to buy a new powersupply (ugh) in the process because mine didnt have a pci-e 8 pin.

Now when I alt tab out of BF3 and tab back in my game studders and seems like their is a huge memory leak. This probublem only seems to fix itself after i exit the server and rejoin.

I dont know much about all the crazy things that happen internally but I know how to put things together. If anyone has any knowledge of why this is happening I would be happy to listen.

There was a thread in the bf3 forums and someone said to turn hyperthreading off in the Bios but with my lack of info on the subject I don't know if that was just a troll trying to mess with people. And why would it start after my graphics upgrade?
 
I have this problem, although it goes back to normal within a couple minutes. Its not your computer.

and no i dont have a fix for you :(
 
Play in windowed mode. Easy alt-tabbing and no packet-loss.
 
8gb ram, amd fx2 3.6ghz, 10000rpm western dig hdd.. it doesnt go away for me, even after map change and consuquently i get owned, ill try windowed but I really dont like it
 

Latest posts

Back
Top