No sound, even when drivers installed

Deathmane

Famous
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
466
Hey guys, I don't often ask for help, but this one's got me stumped. I am on xp 64bit, and have what I believe is my audio drivers installed, however the device manager isnt seeing the sound card. The REALTEK audio program, however, does see it, but still, no audio.


I'm really confused guys with this one. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. If you need remote access, I'll go ahead and grab teamviewer.:facewall:
 
Here's a couple fixes, although common:

1:Check to be sure the card is properly installed and not hanging out on one end.

2:Refresh the Device Manager page (Refresh button should be near the top)
 
Its an integrated sound card, but I'll try to refresh the device manager.

Update: No dice.
 
Its built into the motherboard, and I don't see it disbaled on the device manager. The only thing I see that's weird is there are 2 unknown devices, and windows cant seem to find the drivers. I'm wondering if those are the missing pieces.
 
Deathmane,

Do you still have the driver CD that came with your Mobo? Usually if an integrated sound driver fails, an easy fix is to re-download the drivers from the CD.
 
Thank you fps, I checked the site and discovered that there were no drivers for the sound card for xp x64. Time to upgrade!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top