Counter-Strike: Source Servers Dissapearing?

Bnewz

Poster
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
199
So, a day ago, I ran counter-strike. I went to my favorites to see that Jail, Italy, and the Event server were not on there. I just thought they were down for some reason, no problems. Today however, the same thing happened. I asked some of my friends if they were down, and they said no, and that they were on said server right now. After trying to re-add these servers to my favorites with their IP's, and trying to connect through console, nothing worked. So, I re-installed css. Same thing. I don't know what the problem is, and I've googled it and asked some steam friends, but to no help. If anyone knows what the problem might be, please help me. Hard to be in css division if you cant play their servers :/.
 
Similar to this guys' problem (http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193205)


waffulz,

Try verifying your game cache folder.

In the Steam games menu, right click on the game you want to play, click Properties, go to the Local Files tab, and click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache. It will display a loading bar, which takes from a few minutes to around a half hour. If it detects that the Game Cache (The game files) are bad, it starts to download them again. If it detects that everything is OK, it will give you s success message.
If it still doesn't work after the integrity check, try deleting the game files (In the Steam/SteamApps directory). For Source games (Like Half-Life 2, Portal, TF2, etc.) delete the .gcf files with their names on them (Not to be confused with NCF files), then verify the game cache again.

If everything fails, try reinstalling Steam, restarting your computer, or running it as an administrator by right-clicking the Steam shortcut and clicking Run as administrator. Take note that even in the Admin accounts you need to run it as administrator.

I had the same issue recently. The cause was bad updates. I had to uninstall and re-install the games in question.
 
Could be a bug with the favorites. Are you trying to join via the games' server list or are you joining off of the steam cloud's server list. I've had issues in the past with servers not appearing after I add the ip, but it has always worked when I added them via the steam cloud.

lemmy know.
 
Thanks for the help guys, after all this, I just had to restart my modem. /facepalm..
(Thanks Tsuki)
 
A rather common issue with a common fix. :P

I think I speak for all of us that posted when I say always glad to help. :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top