GTX 560 Model Comparisons

PBJ

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
2,292
The title says it all. I'm essentially looking at buying a new video card in the early part of 2012, once I have sufficient funds allocated. As of now (unless the GTX 570's price drops significantly), I'm looking at some EVGA (I refuse to go to another company) GTX 560s (see below).

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16 - $250
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16 - $250
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 DS Super-SuperClocked (SSC) 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16 - $230

First, you may notice I intentionally didn't include the standard, no SC, 560. I can guarantee I won't be getting that card. However, from the ones above, which will give me the most power? Be sure to notice the fine points (2048 MB, Ti Superclocked, DS SSC) when making your arguments.

Thanks to all of you who know a tad more than me! ;)
 
3rd.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16 - $250
 
Keep in mind the GTX 560 and the GTX 560Ti is not the same card. The 560Ti has more shaders and is from the newest generation, the 560 (non-Ti) is a rebranded 460 at a higher clock speed that's easily attainable by the user.

The difference between your first and third pick is the extra VRAM on the first one. Honestly, that's pointless as extra VRAM is specifically meant to run higher resolutions than 1080p such as 1600p or three monitor gaming. The reason it's pointless is the 560 won't even be able to push those resolutions even with the extra VRAM, there's not enough horsepower.

Just get the second one. It's the best card listed.


EDIT: Just saw you're buying early next year. Keep in mind AMD is launching 79xx around then. I know it looks like you're pretty Green, but there's no reason to settle for a slower card just because of brand-loyalty.
 
EDIT: Just saw you're buying early next year. Keep in mind AMD is launching 79xx around then. I know it looks like you're pretty Green, but there's no reason to settle for a slower card just because of brand-loyalty.

Well, I'll think about it, but my budget is really right around the 560 Ti's price. I'll re-evaluate the situation then. On top of that, I've got an Intel rig, and I guess you could say I'm a bit afraid of crossing the Intel-GeForce/AMD-Radeon line. :P
 
On top of that, I've got an Intel rig, and I guess you could say I'm a bit afraid of crossing the Intel-GeForce/AMD-Radeon line. :P

It'll work relatively the same. It's not like how it was in the 775/AM2 days, where Intel favored Nvidia, vice versa. I run an AMD board with Nvidia graphics and it works great. Just remember to uninstall/disable the onboard graphics and drivers.
 
I have been an nvidia loyalist from the mx440 til. I decided to upgrade my 9800 gtx+'s. I got a killer deal on my 5870 and am now a radeon fan. The price per performance cant be matched by nvidia at the moment.
 
Essentially, I just wanted to know the difference/advantage between the extra 1024 MB VRAM and Ti edition. When it comes times I'll look at the new pricing scales and decide on the best route.
 
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4344/nvidias-geforce-gtx-560-top-to-bottom-overclock

Doesn't show the 2GB version, but pretty much it's what APR said. The additional VRAM helps if you're running a larger screen, with a lil increase in performance. However, the 560 Ti will be the best performer because of its design and architecture. Easiest way to tell the difference: look at the stream processors and clock speeds. The link will explain the difference in more detail.

Caveat: Some of the 560 cards may perform better than the 560 Ti because they're an overclocked model compared against the Ti Stock model. Just pay attention to the details so you're not given a false impression of the performance.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top