So I just got the latest edition of CPU magazine & theyre talkin bout some of the latest mobos 2 come out. Heres 1 mobo that just blew me away right off the bat: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/X79A-GD65.html
Heres the specs on it: Max memory: 128gb (DDR3-2400); Slots: 2 PCI-E x16, 1 PCI-E x16 (x8 speed), 2 PCI-E x16 (x1 speed), 1 PCI-E x1; Storage: 4 SATA 6Gbps, 4 SATA 3Gbps; Rear I/O: 1 PS/2, Clear CMOS, 8 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0, Gigabit LAN, FireWire 400Mbps, audio I/O (optical, coaxial, analog)
First off, last I heard (this was bout a year ago) a server was the only machine that has 128gb of memory in it (& that took up half the freakin mobo). Now we got 4 slots that can do 128gb of that stuff (& theyre spaced out between the cpu which not sure if thats the best idea). 2nd, never heard of a mobo that has ever had 5 pci-e slots (kinda curious to see how that setup will come about). Last, this mobo has FireWire in it. Are they trying to bring this technology back or whats the deal. I mean 5-6 years ago, it was a great idea, but unfortunately they didnt make enough devices that supported the technology that made it worth putting it into desktops & laptops.
Heres the specs on it: Max memory: 128gb (DDR3-2400); Slots: 2 PCI-E x16, 1 PCI-E x16 (x8 speed), 2 PCI-E x16 (x1 speed), 1 PCI-E x1; Storage: 4 SATA 6Gbps, 4 SATA 3Gbps; Rear I/O: 1 PS/2, Clear CMOS, 8 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0, Gigabit LAN, FireWire 400Mbps, audio I/O (optical, coaxial, analog)
First off, last I heard (this was bout a year ago) a server was the only machine that has 128gb of memory in it (& that took up half the freakin mobo). Now we got 4 slots that can do 128gb of that stuff (& theyre spaced out between the cpu which not sure if thats the best idea). 2nd, never heard of a mobo that has ever had 5 pci-e slots (kinda curious to see how that setup will come about). Last, this mobo has FireWire in it. Are they trying to bring this technology back or whats the deal. I mean 5-6 years ago, it was a great idea, but unfortunately they didnt make enough devices that supported the technology that made it worth putting it into desktops & laptops.









