Router Issue

Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
443
So I'm only able to post this because I'm directly connected to the modem. My router for some reason has stopped working. Specifically, all the lights will flash and will then go off except for the power light which turns amber, and it continues like this. Does anyone know why this is happening? Can I still fix it?
 
First do a deep reset on the router -- disconnect power cable, leave a minute, reconnect power cable to router while holding reset down for 30 secs.
 
Sounds like a power failure... But that's just ball-parkin it. What's the make/model of your router? Usually simply updating the firmware fixes such issues.
 
Of course if all else fails, get online with a chat representative of your ISP and they'll most likely send you a new router/modem. Did with mine, and worked wonders after doing it a couple times. :)
 
Tried resetting multiple times. It does nothing. I also could not get into the router. Dealing with it now. I believe it's a hardware failure if my friend can be believed.
 
It sounds like a hardware failure to me based on the description of the light activity. I would recommend calling the manufacturer to find out if the serial number is under warranty. If it is, they will often replace it for you at no charge. However, if it is not under warranty, I would recommend you go buy a new one with a warranty.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top