Macbook Video Output

Rathion

Famous
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
442
As of recently I have been recuirted by my school to do some video work at events. Shortly after I joined the program we got a new Macbook pro, but the excitement was short lived as we went to set up for the biggest event of the year and realized that the man in charge of the macbook realized it wouldn't adapt to our mixers. Our Video mixers have RCA and S-Video inputs but no VGA/DVI. We need to get our hands on a system that will convert our new macbooks display/thunderbolt port to RCA or S-Video without breaking the bank or taking up a lot of desk space in the tech booth. Any ideas?
 
Does it have Displayport or VGA/DVI? If it has display port there are adapters out there for like 50 bucks. If it has VGA or DVI there are converters for like 15 bucks.
 
It has a mini display port out which I believe in the new macbooks duals as a thunderbolt connection so I am not sure if that complicates things.
 
Well, here's one of many. I'm not entirely sure on MDP+TB myself.... I don't think it should hurt anything.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Composite-Video-S-Video-Converter/dp/B004VV8R86[/ame]
 

Latest posts

Back
Top