350watt PSU GPU help

300w power supply per your stats . . . ouch.

I had an old Dell 8400 with a 350w power supply, so I had the same problem. The other problem is that you have an AMD integrated graphics. I liked the old GT220 for the very low power consumption, but not sure it would play nice with the AMD.

Need more info. Can it utilize PCIe 2.0 or is it just limited to x16? Specs aren't clear.
 
The HP site specs you at a 300watt psu and I think the setup they have on it uses something around 230-250watt assuming that the processor is a 65nm Athlon 64 chip, I haven't checked. You might be able to get away with an AMD 6670 GPU without having to upgrade the PSU, but you might be cutting it close.
 
350w psu is kind of pushing for many low end graphic cards now a days and give more detailed specs for example how many amps on 12v rails on psu or specific model and if u hve pcie 2.0
 
300w power supply per your stats . . . ouch.

I had an old Dell 8400 with a 350w power supply, so I had the same problem. The other problem is that you have an AMD integrated graphics. I liked the old GT220 for the very low power consumption, but not sure it would play nice with the AMD.

Need more info. Can it utilize PCIe 2.0 or is it just limited to x16? Specs aren't clear.
I think it is just regular pcie x16 but i heard you can use a pcie 2.0 card on a regular pcie slot
 
The HP site specs you at a 300watt psu and I think the setup they have on it uses something around 230-250watt assuming that the processor is a 65nm Athlon 64 chip, I haven't checked. You might be able to get away with an AMD 6670 GPU without having to upgrade the PSU, but you might be cutting it close.

I don't want anything powerful, just something to play games on low and low resolutions, nothing more.
 
350w psu is kind of pushing for many low end graphic cards now a days and give more detailed specs for example how many amps on 12v rails on psu or specific model and if u hve pcie 2.0

How can i find that out and just PCIE X16 no 2.0
 
anything up to like a 6770/GTS 450 would be fine. It's a fairly modern system, 12v rail should have a majority of the power.

yes, you do have a PCIE x16 slot

So yea, i suggest something like a 6770 or similar.
 
Last edited:
anything up to like a 6770/GTS 450 would be fine. It's a fairly modern system, 12v rail should have a majority of the power.

yes, you do have a PCIE x16 slot

So yea, i suggest something like a 6770 or similar.

I second this. 350W is quite a bit of power. No, really.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top