- Joined
- Mar 1, 2011
- Messages
- 167
Hey guys,
Recently my GPU, a 6870 sapphire HD, has been having some fan issues lately. During some gaming I've noticed the fan slowing down then speeding up over and over repeating this pattern until I minimize my game and bring up my Card options to check the GPU heat and fan speed, then it seems to stop. Right now as I type it keeps steady with the fan setting I defaulted it on. It is not always happening as soon as I load my games, just after a bit of use it seems to fall into this slow down and speed up pattern which after checking results in a very hot card. I almost always have to bust my fan to 100% just to fix the overheating from the strange slow down issue. Once I check and fix it, problem stops for a while
Here is a link to my card if anyone wants to check specs or anything
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102909
I must say a wonderful card, Ive had it since January this year and this is the first problem its had, runs games great near max on most. Would like to crossfire maybe.
My card could just be going bad, but if anyone knows anything and if its fixable I would be happy.
Thanks
Recently my GPU, a 6870 sapphire HD, has been having some fan issues lately. During some gaming I've noticed the fan slowing down then speeding up over and over repeating this pattern until I minimize my game and bring up my Card options to check the GPU heat and fan speed, then it seems to stop. Right now as I type it keeps steady with the fan setting I defaulted it on. It is not always happening as soon as I load my games, just after a bit of use it seems to fall into this slow down and speed up pattern which after checking results in a very hot card. I almost always have to bust my fan to 100% just to fix the overheating from the strange slow down issue. Once I check and fix it, problem stops for a while
Here is a link to my card if anyone wants to check specs or anything
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102909
I must say a wonderful card, Ive had it since January this year and this is the first problem its had, runs games great near max on most. Would like to crossfire maybe.
My card could just be going bad, but if anyone knows anything and if its fixable I would be happy.
Thanks












