.dem to .avi

PBJ

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
2,292
Right, I'm sure this has been discussed before, but my issue is somewhat unique. I played some Serious Sam HD, recorded a demo, and it'd been saved a .dem file. However, as far as I know, you can't play and record the demo as another format from within the game, and I'd rather not have to buy or obtain any extra software for this endeavor. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
 
No. Not that I am aware of. .dem files are made for playback in its relative console, nothing else.

Use FRAPS, get the registered version though. If you need help in retrieving this, throw me a PM on Steam. Do not use the free version of FRAPS.
Record your demo, it'll save as .wmv when it's done.
Convert your .wmv to .avi.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for your help Ric. I've added you on Steam. :)
 
What Ric said. This is usually the case in most, if not all games. Just play the demo from console and record with fraps, then edit and whatnot.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top