PS3 HDD question

Tricoro

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
718
welli got this ps3 messed up i just fix it and its working but the hard drive its mess up so mu question is

HDD or SSD
 
Well as I understand the PS3 can only use laptop hard drives, 5400rpm. Heres a video I found on it: [ame="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-show/861-Episode-40-Putting-a-SSD-in-a-PS3"]Episode 40: Putting a SSD in a PS3 | The Escapist Show Video Gallery | The Escapist@@AMEPARAM@@videos/config/861-c41138df6572c070fe5fdcb40a894d72.js@@AMEPARAM@@861@@AMEPARAM@@c41138df6572c070fe5fdcb40a894d72[/ame]

Mind you that the video is 2 years old, but still the hardware technology is no different in age.
 
Well as I understand the PS3 can only use laptop hard drives, 5400rpm. Heres a video I found on it: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-show/861-Episode-40-Putting-a-SSD-in-a-PS3

Mind you that the video is 2 years old, but still the hardware technology is no different in age.

PS3 supports any 2.5" HDD, which also means it supports SSD's. Don't know if that was your point, but better safe than sorry right? :P

Anyways, here's a more updated speed comparison: http://www.hardcoreware.net/ssd-on-ps3-performance-guide/
Note that two years is alot of time for technology to develop. We have much faster SSD's for a more reasonable price today than 2 years ago.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top