Late Night Tech Thread!

IDigitalDeadI

EGO Addict
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
1,316
I only made my title for this thread what it is because by the time most people will respond, it probably won't matter so much anymore. With that being said, here we go. In a previous thread, I was told to go to overclock.net for good prices on video cards. Turns out, I have found some good ones. Its just that, now I'm not sure what to get :P. I pretty much can purchase them later today, but I wouldn't mind knowing what I am going to be before I go to bed (already 2:32am central time).

Choices:
1. XFX Radeon 6850: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150505

2. MSI Cyclone GTX460: http://tinyurl.com/c7wwm69

3. EVGA GeForce GTX460 01G-P3-1371-AR (from what i've been told, the model name holds some importance): http://tinyurl.com/cfgrsyl

Note:
They all have warranties, as told by the sellers. None of which have be OC'd in the past. The EVGA card requires a heatware account to purchase, which I created just for this purchase. All prices ranges sit at the $120-$130 range, so it price isn't an issue.

Point me to the best out of the three (based on experience with these 3 brands, since the only experience I have is with my 8800gt by EVGA and that isn't much).
 
I'd just go with whichever seller has the best trader rating/rep ratio. All the cards are pretty similar.

also, use paypal, and only paypal (or similar payment processor with buyer protection like Amazon, or Dwolla)


/tips from pro OCNer......
 
Well things didn't go through so well on all 3 cards.....but I did find a PNY 460 for pretty much the same price, so all is well :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top