Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? (If so, care to share them with us?)

Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? (If so, care to share them with us?)

  • Yes, and I intend to keep it.

    Points: 53 28.6%
  • Yes, but... I doubt I will keep it.

    Points: 26 14.1%
  • No. I SHOULD make them, but it's not worth the effort.

    Points: 33 17.8%
  • Phhhhbbbt! That's for people who need to change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

    Points: 65 35.1%
  • Other. (Please explain)

    Points: 8 4.3%

  • Total voters
    185

DragonD

The Division of None
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
3,240
Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? (If so, care to share them with us?)
 
I hurt my knee last year. As a result, I spent about half a year being very sedentary. I went from working out every day (and sometimes twice a day), to.. well.. nothing. It hurt to just walk.

That's a bad thing, cause I really like to eat. Especially the sugar sweet things. So I put on some weight last year. My New Year's Resolution is to drop that weight.

Treadmill here I come!
 
I am for the first time in years, but it's not so much a resolution as a life plan.

I'm going to be starting a business and making another move across the country in 2 days. I intend to make this a successful year, and better than the past year.

I also plan on being more motivated and less lazy. That's a bit more of a traditional resolution for ya!
 
My resolution is to learn as many instruments as possible to keep myself entertained.
I am already working on the ukelele, guitar, and mandolin.
I have already learned enough of piano and violin to play just about anything with practice :P

Any other instruments you guys recommend on learning?
 
My New Years resolution is the same as last year and the year before that.
 
my new years resolution?... easy, win over the heart of the woman i love :P difficult?...... oh yeah lol
 
I feel like I should but all I can really come up with is "play more star wars." I'm not sure how constructive that is.
 
I can't believe you don't have a "I don't care about resolution's" option. There are some people who know they can better themselves but don't care about it.
 
I posted a similar thread in the Battlefield discussion, but my main goal is to overcome my handicaps and work upon improving myself for others as well as continuing the path I've set for myself at school.
 
Mine is to be a better person and keep my good health where it. maybe be nice to my older brother. (probably not) lol
 
My new years resolution would be to help recruit more. Last year I recruited 1 person, and he came to me about it, so I should be able to at least beat that I suppose.
 
I made two and I intend to keep them:

1) I'm going to Daft Punk my FB statuses. They will be harder, better, faster, stronger.

2) When playing Assassin's Creed Revelations I'm going to be less condescending to the other players that I am stomping, and I am going to give constructive criticism to help them play better.

Ok I probably won't keep the second one very long, they never listened in Brotherhood. Guess I'll keep winning and they'll never understand why they're not. :P
 
My resolution is to be more productive, organized, and to maintain a balance between school and gaming. I want to continue gaming, even if it's just once or twice a week, but I need to make sure my grades don't suffer because of it.
 
I made resolutions for other people to keep.
If you see paper towels on the floor of my bathroom in front of the toilet: it's because a male guest keeps dribbling. If you see spots when yer done: it's you. Step up closer or sit down. Getting annoyed at the sticky sensation of urine under my feet when I approach the toilet when I have guests over.

Don't call me after 9pm on the weekdays. My boss is requiring me to leave my phone on. I will hit ignore if you're not him. Yes, I DO have insomnia and chances are I am awake: but chances are I am awake, lying in bed, trying to sleep before 4am rolls in.

Those are the 2 biggies. I really want people I know to keep to those 2 resolutions at least.
 
No offense, but these are always so silly to me. I don't understand why people need the new year to help them figure out when it is time to set a goal? People should be setting and finishing both short-term and long-term goals on a regular basis. It is character building and great for confidence. I will say I do have some new goals I am working on that just so happen to fall on the new year, but they aren't goals that will take all year to achieve.
 
I don't have a new years resolution. But I intend on maintain a good balanced diet so I can get to 160 lbs with 8% body fat. My goal is to get aesthetic, meet new people, and have fun while focusing in school.
 
My resolution is for my voice to drop a couple of octaves. I'm tired of having to go glass shopping every other weekend.
 
My resolution is to throw myself into the sports i play and make it to championships
 
Back
Top