Minecraft if not functioning

Shiznoe

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
5,903
Well, I just got a new computer so I am trying to download minecraft.exe but it is just not working for me I am trying and trying but I just can't seem to get it. I have java update to date I have drivers up to date. I just can't seem whats wrong I really need help.

*Edit, have McAfee and turned off firewall to download it, and still didn't work.
Also reinstalled java and still is having an error.
 
Two questions:

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit IE (or whatever browser you're using). If you're trying to download the 64 bit version without running IE and having it manually update to 64-bit Java, you'll experience some errors with the installation and getting it run.

To run it in 64 bit mode, open your Start Menu, and select Internet Explorer (64-bit). By default, IE normally runs in 32-bit mode since many websites still only use 32 and not 64. NOw that 64-bit IE is up, go to Java.com and manually update the version for 64-bit Java. Now that's done, you can install and run 64-bit MC.

If that's not the cause, could you provide some more information about how you're trying to download and install MC?
 
Either you can't download the Minecraft.exe file or you can't get it to execute.

First problem is hard to solve without info.
Second problem is even harder to solve without info.

You mentioned an error. Post what the error says.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top