GPU + PSU (Combo) shopping $100 budget

Trippey

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
2,461
I'm looking for a budget upgrade here, I need a PSU and GPU (PCIe x16) that will preform well in games for under $100. Case Size is not an issue.
 
100 total for GPU and PSU....tight budget but can be done. If you don't mind me asking, but what will you do with the GPU?
 
that will preform well in games
Preferably this is my dev machine and it needs something that can run unreal tournament 3 on max/high settings.. (if possible)
 
To tell you the truth, I was thinking about picking up a used card from ebay, I was looking at the Nvidia gtx 260 and the Nvidia 9800gt. Than just picking up a psu at the store... What do you guys think?
 
To tell you the truth, I was thinking about picking up a used card from ebay, I was looking at the Nvidia gtx 260 and the Nvidia 9800gt. Than just picking up a psu at the store... What do you guys think?

That's what I do when buying GPU's. But keep in mind, no company offers warranties from Ebay purchases, so if it dies in 3 months there's nothing you can do. Plus a GTX 260 is overkill and would require a bigger PSU. A 9800gt can still max a lot of games assuming it's backed up with a good CPU and use a lot less power.
 
I still do not understand.. what is a better card Nvidia 9800gt or a 8800 gtx?
 
I still do not understand.. what is a better card Nvidia 9800gt or a 8800 gtx?

8800gtx is slightly better than a 9800gt. 9800gt consumes less power and has 1GB of memory while the 8800gtx has 768GB (somewhere around there).
 

Latest posts

Back
Top