So once I get my tax income return $$, first thing im gonna do is upgrade my cpu (intel c2q 6600), mobo (some old gigabyte mobo w/ 5 pci slots *big mistake there*), & newer memory (4x1gb ddr2 800). I know im gonna stay w/ Intel cause they have yet to screw me over on performance & since theres a huge price difference between the i7 & the i5, im gonna stick w/ the i5 (no real need to waste $100 on the i7). Not quite sure on the mobo tho since that 1 always seems to be up in the air (always need help here). Current memory I got is GSkill & theyre still working great for me, so gonna stay with them (gonna get the ddr3 1600 since that seems to have the best selection). Gonna start with 8gb & possibly double that once the 16gb series starts droppin like cats n dogs.
One thing that is bugging me (which I can understand) is the sharp price hike of hard drives. Definitely wanna setup 1 hard drive specifically for OS, then yet another for software/games. I think when I get into the military, im gonna do some hard core research into the hardware technology of each area & see bout possibly starting up a business in America, producing & selling these very items & giving those overseas companies a run for their $$! I dont see a reason why we cant get people in America to help make this stuff, not to mention boost the economy by helping people get jobs./rant
Anyways, all suggestions & feedback are always welcome!
One thing that is bugging me (which I can understand) is the sharp price hike of hard drives. Definitely wanna setup 1 hard drive specifically for OS, then yet another for software/games. I think when I get into the military, im gonna do some hard core research into the hardware technology of each area & see bout possibly starting up a business in America, producing & selling these very items & giving those overseas companies a run for their $$! I dont see a reason why we cant get people in America to help make this stuff, not to mention boost the economy by helping people get jobs./rant
Anyways, all suggestions & feedback are always welcome!


















