Get Mesa Back on its feet

Hi guys,, thanx for the support. The testing will most likely be an "event" of some sorts. I might hit some of you up to dry run on your servers first. the upper area game play will be all new. the lower will be changed a little but i think you will agree for the best. Here is what we will have from old map.. 1) Stairs.. oh yea,,these are here to stay,, 2) suction vents.. but now they get you to sniper nests, 3) quad doors,, fear them,, love them.. map room.. they stay. 4) vents. not as many and more statigic, 5) Last cap points areas will be feel familiar. whats new??? oh god.. we are getting a TRAM! but not to ride. acts as a blocker between the sniper nests :) plus an out door area! Cap A in style. this should be very rocket jumping friendly. spawn camping will be hard too as spawn areas will have 2 exits that are in different areas.

Them be some great ideas! cant wait to see the finished product!
 
You can now play Egypt on Valve Maps, it was included into the map choices yesterday.

And Gravel Pit has always been a map there as well.

If you're looking to have them as a 24/7, that won't happen. I've tried multiple times to fill up Egypt when we had it and would barely get anyone to join.
 
If you're looking to have them as a 24/7, that won't happen. I've tried multiple times to fill up Egypt when we had it and would barely get anyone to join.

Instant Respawn Egypt - now that would be worthy.
 
Black Mesa was my favorite map when I played TF2. Since then I moved on to SWTOR, I am sad to hear its having difficulties and a bit surprised to read all this about it. I know at some point I will play TF2 again but I do not think it will be as much as I used to play.
 
Agreed, the no wait respawn on Mesa is awesome. Would love to see it on the other servers.

I put that in the map.. there is no server setting on the mesa. It's actually 1 sec respawn time i think.

we are still working on cp_freeman. Soon i'll have screen shots of the Tram. We may even see the Gman riding it in the map. New pipes (yellow, red, blu) are going in instead of the tf2 style pipes. there will be fewer vents though. The flow will be intense as it's being layer down. Catwalks will be above ground so falling off will still allow you to be in play.

oh the fun

~D
 
5881841681CA24785BAFFF1A07C1BD111656B3ED

Looks back on it's feet to me.

Don't judge my K/D.
 
Last edited:
We got mesa all the way filled up today! Great job everyone!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top