Unknown large CPU usage.

Ric

The Boys Club
=(eGO)=
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
12,920
Lately, my desktop has been really, really sluggish.

I just replaced the video card with a 200 one, added 6 gigs of RAM.
I couldn't seem to find the problem, short of me reformatting.

Then I opened up task manager just a few minutes ago to find out STEAM is generating a lot of CPU usage for just sitting their doing nothing except annoying community pop-ups.

sy0z87.jpg

I've closed STEAM to reopen it and it shoot up almost immediately to 30% usage.

So, my question is, is there any settings or anything I need to do with STEAM to make it not hog so much?

I play Star Wars: The Old Republic, which uses over a million of my memory, and it's getting to the point I got to close out of STEAM before I play because of the stuttering that occurs.

Thanks in advance, 666.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top