New motherboard

IDigitalDeadI

EGO Addict
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
1,316
I looked and all I have to say is....crap. It turns out that practically no one sells am2+ motherboards anymore and my best route is to buy a am3 cpu, motherboard and ddr3 ram. Disappointment never ends I guess, but anyway, time to find stuff. I guess my budget will sit around 250-300 range, maybe less, gotta sell this junk, plus some other stuff I haven't sold yet.

Help me guys

Originally was going to get a mobo, now I have to get a mobo, cpu, and ram.
 
Last edited:
I take it you're going for an AMD rig then.

Quad-core: Phenom II 960T ($125). It can also be unlocked to a hexacore with the right mobo.
Mobo: ASUS M4A87TD ($105). I would personally recommend ASUS Crosshair IV Formula ($200) as I've had absolutely no problems with it, but it still has a stiff price, being a mobo for enthusiasts.
RAM: 1600MHz, 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance ($40). 8GB with reasonable price:performance.

Should put you at about $260-$270 unless my math sucks.

If I were you I'd wait with ordering untill someone else can come with their opinions.
What I've posted here might be explained as mediocre or above mediocre parts for gaming/overclocking (though maybe not the mobo).

If you're just looking for something that runs low-end games I'm sure someone else can come with a far cheaper build.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top