Web Hosting

Ivef

Active Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2011
Messages
353
I'm looking for a good webhost that is reasonably priced, bills per month instead of years, reasonable data and bandwidth limits, and possibly a free or reduced price domain.
So if you know of any good ones or use one yourself post it here.

Thanks :D
 
I use Dreamhost. Unlimited Storage/Banwidth and a lot of other unlimited stuff. I think it's about $9 a month, so it might be a little on the expensive site but it's worth it.

http://dreamhost.com

or if you want to sign up using my referral coupon code thingy send me a PM (it also gives you an extra free domain registration on top of the one you get already).
 
Last edited:
Eh, it bills per year and I kinda don't have $119 to spend for a whole year. :D
 
Eh, it bills per year and I kinda don't have $119 to spend for a whole year. :D

Ah yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that. I'll try to see if I can find another good one haha :P. Can I ask what your going to be using the website for?

EDIT: I've heard that HostGator has some pretty decent plans. I checked and they will bill monthly. http://hostgator.com
 
Last edited:
First, buy a domain separately from moniker.com

For static and file hosting, use Amazon S3.

For cheap hosting, use Site5.

For cheap pay as you go hosting, use NearlyFreeSpeech.NET.

For pretty good hosting, go to mediatemple.

For a good VPS, use linode.

I can help in further detail if you can describe your needs better.
 
Really you have to decide what support you need, what kind of accesses, how much control...if you can't spend even $10 a month (single bill or monthly), you are gonna have a hard time finding something decent lol.

Myself, when I had a site, I used Dathorn Internet Services - great team and great file support.
 
$10 a month is perfectly fine, it's $100 at one time which is too much.
 
Can I have some more specifics on what you will do with the hosting/what your requirements are?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top