Turning weapons into unuals

retroG

Thread Thumper
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
1,010
well i was thinking about that guy who traded all the way from a paperclip up to a house and i thought i can do that in TF2 starting with a weapon and trading until I end up with an unusual using nothing outside of items obtained through trade from that first weapon

whats that you say it cant be done!!!

CHALENGE ACCEPTED
 
That would be pretty awesome.

I have to say though, I don't think it can be done in any reasonable amount of time without some serious scamming involved.
 
Ive done it :p i started with a 1 bud unusual and i traded it up too a 6 bud unusual :D \
its possible man!
Just know your prices and dont get scammed!
 
That would be pretty awesome.

I have to say though, I don't think it can be done in any reasonable amount of time without some serious scamming involved.

well i never said id get done soon and right now im planning on strarting with a wep sell it for a scrap sell the scrap for 2 weps etc until i work my way up to bigger items
 
Ive done it :p i started with a 1 bud unusual and i traded it up too a 6 bud unusual :D
its possible man!
Just know your prices and dont get scammed!

If thats the case, then ive done it with less, started with 4 nonvintage hats and ended with my burning billy :P.
 
I wish you the best of luck. I know it can be done!
 
Basic arbitrage. Go on game server and trade something of moderate value for something of high value. Shouldn't be too hard. People who game will pay dearly for something they really want regardless of "trade" value. Then go on trade server and trade high value item for several moderate value items. Lather, rinse, repeat. Doesn't seem like it will take anything but lots of time.

However, me being Idol, you have no idea how tempted I am to trade you an unusual for your starting weapon and bring this whole endeavor to a screeching halt at Step 1. :lol:
 
Basic arbitrage. Go on game server and trade something of moderate value for something of high value. Shouldn't be too hard. People who game will pay dearly for something they really want regardless of "trade" value. Then go on trade server and trade high value item for several moderate value items. Lather, rinse, repeat. Doesn't seem like it will take anything but lots of time.

However, me being Idol, you have no idea how tempted I am to trade you an unusual for your starting weapon and bring this whole endeavor to a screeching halt at Step 1. :lol:
*facepalm*
 
Well I've put about about 60 dollars into tf2 and i have an unusual anger with cauldron bubbles worth about 12 or 13 buds which is around 325 dollars, plus my inventory alone is like 50 dollars, win for me. Good luck to you also
 
Ive done it :p i started with a 1 bud unusual and i traded it up too a 6 bud unusual :D
its possible man!
Just know your prices and dont get scammed!

Yeah thats entirely different from starting with a weapon.
 
It's possible, at least I'd say so. Today I won the around the world event, got a Hotrod. Crafted it into a geisha boy, crafted it AGAIN into a dragonborn helmet. And then traded for an all-father.
 
Given that you get random drops, all you would have to do is wait and eventually you would have hats/weapons equal to an unusual.
 
Good Luck

I wish you the best of luck. That would give you such bragging rights....jelly if you do.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top