Possibly a 5ghz overclock :o

Joined
Nov 6, 2011
Messages
159
I'm thinking I can pump this baby up to 5 ghz without pushing 80 degrees on my chip. Anybody with an i5 2500k concur? :huh: Check out the attachment.
 
Yes you can..... I dont know whats cooling it, but if its water I have had mine at 5.2ghz and it only hits 82*c on a stress test with HT on...But everyday mines at 5ghz and it rarely see's 70*c....once you get to the 5ghz mark it takes alot more voltage to go higher.
 
or you could just hit a wall...

past 4.8 my 2600k ate voltage like a monster...

to get 5.4 it was at like 1.65 or something stupid like that lol.
 
Cant wait to oc mine to 4.5 ghz. I think thatll be plenty for me.
 
Yes you can..... I dont know whats cooling it, but if its water I have had mine at 5.2ghz and it only hits 82*c on a stress test with HT on...But everyday mines at 5ghz and it rarely see's 70*c....once you get to the 5ghz mark it takes alot more voltage to go higher.
Yeah i think i hit a wall :/ I was trying to hit 5 ghz and for some reason it kept blue screening on me. I changed the maximum core wattage and am bumping it up slightly again to see if that might have been the issue. I'm at 4.8 ghz right now and sitting steady on large fft prime95 so we shall see. What vcore are you at for you 5ghz over clock pig?
 
I'm at 1.44v... the max safe from cigarjohn talking to a engineer at intel is 1.5v.... So u can go to that and be fine. 5.2 took 1.47v... I have yet to max it out
 
intel officially says 1.52.

Intel spec also calls for vdroop/drop, so under load, the voltage will be lower. I wouldn't run 1.52 with any level of LLC for an extended period of time.

If you wanna see how high it will go for benchmarking or whatever, you can probably mingle with 1.6-1.65 without any instantaneous detrimental effects.

SB doesn't scale with cold (well), so it is unlikely that making it colder will net you any more multipliers, but it will help prevent electron migration (degradation) , so if you do decide to go for an all out run, the colder the better.
 
If I could even push my Phenom II 1090T BE past the 4GHz mark stable I would be VERY happy.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top