Lag (yeah i know this has probably been posted again and again)

Goz

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
2,371
So recently on our TF2 servers, I've been experiencing a LOT of lag. And for the past few months I've been playing with 60 ping and under so I have no idea what happened.

My connection is perfectly fine until I connect to one of the servers. Then my ping spikes to over 300 only minutes after I join the server.

This happened a little while after I put in some console commands recommended by our competitive TF2 team. However, they said it doesn't affect any ping but I'm thinking it's somehow related to that.

I've tried everything and I cannot solve this problem. Any ideas?
 
Make sure unneeded programs are quit (like an Internet browser). I the problem persists I would suggest getting a new router...

waffles!
 
Have you tried seeing what the ping is with the console commands taken out of your .cfg, assuming that this is where you put them?
 
Have you tried seeing what the ping is with the console commands taken out of your .cfg, assuming that this is where you put them?

uh if i take the console commands out of the cfg it still keeps the settings that the console commands inputted. i have to reset all of them manually. in any case, connection doesn't change regardless of whether or not i put the commands in the cfg.
 
Does it happen in every game and server?

Trying connecting through the server listings. Sometimes the in game browser is bugged and likes to constantly refresh even in server.
 
Does it happen in every game and server?

Trying connecting through the server listings. Sometimes the in game browser is bugged and likes to constantly refresh even in server.

well, recently my connection's been good so far. maybe this was all just a temporary random thing.
 
the Servers are in Kansas now dont know if you have just had a lag issue or been going on for a while..

try this tweak

1. Type "rate 25000" into the console
2. Type "cl_updaterate 66" into the console
3. Type "cl_cmdrate 66" into the console
4. Verify your settings/choke by typing "net_graph 3" into the console. Turn the graph off with "net_graph 0".

Also don't know what PC or GPU you run but if its a low end setup might want to set your settings to performance rather then quality

wow i fail i didn't read it all.. but it might help =)
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top