Microphone audio

JayFlip

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
4,942
When I speak into my mic, my voice is robotic and somewhat distorted. Hurts other peoples ears. I didn't have this problem on my old laptop--it was super clear.

Things I have tried: The microphone on a quality Razer gaming headset; updating audio drivers (maybe they weren't the right ones? It's an ASUS K53SV-DH51 Windows 7 64bit if you want to try and help).

I need help fixing this, please!
 
If you've tried different mics and achieve the same result, my best guess would be either bad settings in whatever program you use to talk with/that controls the input.
Or a bad soundcard.
 
If you've tried different mics and achieve the same result, my best guess would be either bad settings in whatever program you use to talk with/that controls the input.
Or a bad soundcard.

It's the same thing I used before---vent and Audacity.

As for the soundcard..the noise is helluva lot better than my previous laptop. Could that still be an open possibility for the mic's input to be crap? (Don't know specs, but the sound quality far exceeds previous one, but the old laptop sounded legit for mic)
 
Your problem could be that the mic cord is damaged (likely frayed) If it's not damaged, then you should be looking at your sound card or sound card drivers for updated versions.
 
Can I ask what microphone your using?

Can't have a frayed wire when it's laptop's internal mic. Both for old one and this. Said previously, old one was fine, this one is fuzzy.

I also tried a brand new out out of the box Razer Chacharias on the new laptop and it was fuzzy.

Also tried sound driver update and it didn't help either. Note on that, I don't know if its the right driver or not.
 
Mics on laptops (if not mounted in the screen) are usually very noisy.
But if both your built-in mic and headset mounted mic is fuzzy there can't really be much else than a soundcard and/or driver error.
 
Mics on laptops (if not mounted in the screen) are usually very noisy.
But if both your built-in mic and headset mounted mic is fuzzy there can't really be much else than a soundcard and/or driver error.

Are you able to help me find the proper driver? I tried updating, and it resulted in no change from mic, and then it boosted treble and lost all bass fromsound, so i rolled back to the original driver
 
Might not be drivers. Just might be your mic settings. I used to have that problem with a headset and i fixed it by messing with some things in the control panel in sound. If you can try messing with some settings in your sound area of your control panel look at the devices. Maybe turn down your input/sensetivity of the mic also. That fixed mine ALOT.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top