Fraps vs Dxtory vs MSI Afterburner- help choose?

iPwntUrMum

Famous
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
563
Hi all. I currently have a full version of fraps installed, however I've heard Afterburner can get me better fps while in game and recording than Fraps can. Anyone have any validity to this statement?

I'm looking for least fps shock and smallest video file space (ie GB per min).

Any help?

Cheers
/iP
 
I personally like Dxtory more because you can compress the files right there instead of 3rd party software.

Performance seems nearly the same. The best thing for performance is buying an addition hard drive (80GB's, nothing major) and recording directly to it.
 
I've used msi afterburner... it's ok for a little bit of OCing but nothing major.
 
Muffinz, have you ever used it for screen recording? Apparently it has little-no fps shock.
 
If you want better performance, what I used to do was use gamebooster + msiAfterburner running at the same time. I noticed it was smoother than before playing bc2, and yes I was recording. But there are better ways if you know how, to OC your card.

Not sure how much of an fps increase I got, guess it would depend on you're system. Just try it out for a round and if you don't like it uninstall :D
 
I like Dxtory. Gives you far more customization than Fraps. Never used MSI afterburner.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top