I finally realized how much money Valve makes off the Mann Co. Store.

Yes but what about that time noble and brandon unboxed an unusual at the same time :O
 
I was bored
cratesim.png

I was reallllllllly bored (note:9677 unusuals)
hatsim2.png
 
Last edited:
you go on kongregate as well notroop? Kool beans. I am WyvernLord on that site if you want to add me :).Nice unbox lol.
 
in other news, seems like #1 crate is the best to unbox. I ended up with lots of unusuals (in this game of course) using #1 crate. Too bad they're expensive.
 
yes the unusual rate is very low. I feel very lucky that in my 12th crate i got an unusual softcap :P. VALVE, Y U NO RANDOM DROP KEYS?!?!?!
 
in other news, seems like #1 crate is the best to unbox. I ended up with lots of unusuals (in this game of course) using #1 crate. Too bad they're expensive.


I've been told the older the crate series the better odds of unboxing an unusual.
 
Valve stated that community content creators Rob Laro, Shawn Spetch, Steven Skidmore, Spencer Kern and Shaylyn Hamm took home initial royalty payments ranging from $39,000 to $47,000 each from the first round of Team Fortress 2 content creation. And these are just the checks from the first few weeks of operation.
Item Contributors: $39,000/week, only 25% of the profit
Valve: 156k * .75 = $117,000/week @75% of the profit

According to the wiki, there have been 220 community-contributed items since the First Community Contribution Update in March 2010.

220 * 117,000 = ideally, $25,740,000 minimum/week*12 = $308,880,000/year, if 1 of each item was purchased in the year.
Assuming the number of purchased item was double that, $617,760,000/year from community contributed items.

Assuming the average TF2 player buys 25 keys over a year (could be even higher): $62/year.
assuming that there are 30k active players: $1,867,500/year from keys.

too many numbers @.@
 
Last edited:
Item Contributors: $39,000/week, only 25% of the profit
Valve: 156k * .75 = $117,000/week @75% of the profit

According to the wiki, there have been 220 community-contributed items since the First Community Contribution Update in March 2010.

220 * 117,000 = ideally, $25,740,000 minimum/week*12 = $308,880,000/year, if 1 of each item was purchased in the year.
Assuming the number of purchased item was double that, $617,760,000/year from community contributed items.

Assuming the average TF2 player buys 25 keys over a year (could be even higher): $62/year.
assuming that there are 30k active players: $1,867,500/year from keys.

too many numbers @.@

Mind = Blown
 
3 unusuals just over $900, best one (IMO) being a steaming birdcage.

Heh, steamed canary. XD


Only unusual I've ever uncrated was during halloween when I was just getting rid of some crates with about $30 I had spare. When that backwards baseball hat w/ lantern popped up I was overjoyed...
 
I played this thing a couple months back and put a stapler on mouse 1 and forgot about it for about 3 hours and when I came back I had about 30 unusuals. o.o
 
I played this thing a couple months back and put a stapler on mouse 1 and forgot about it for about 3 hours and when I came back I had about 30 unusuals. o.o

lol in comparison to how many crates you must've unboxed, i'm starting to think that spending thousands of dollars on such slim chances for a virtual (not real) hat with fancy effects that make you a bigger target isn't worth it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top