Upgrade time!

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
Since my old thread is a month old, im gonna start a new 1. So heres my issue, im wanting to upgrade my cpu, mobo & memory, but unfortunately im barely gettin a lil over $500 back in income tax. Therefore I need help finding a good motherboard that wont run me through the roof. Heres my current wishlist:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130574
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314

Just so you guys know, I will be planning on gettin another set of the above memory. However, please feel free to give me feedback on both the motherboard & the memory. Right now, according to Newegg, all this runs up to $447, but if I can, I would like to save some $$.
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130572

Not sure the gd65 is worth the $30 over this model. Lacks some internal usb 3.0 headers, but for $30, I think it is probably the better buy.

As for ram, I'd save and get whichever set is cheapest from a known supplier that is 1600 cas 9 at 1.5 V. Currently, that looks to be this set:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220570

There is also some newer memory from samsung that is 30nm that has been getting some attention at overclock.net:

http://www.jr.com/samsung/pe/SAM_MV3V4G3DUS/
 
hey huckleberry, whatcha think bout this memory? has better ratings than the pair u chose & its a less expensive than what u chose.
 
I'm assuming you forgot to post the link. I doubt that it having only 4 stars really matters much. Of course you will have the occasional DOA, but for the most part, they are positive.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top