Problems with creating home network

Fearless888

Active Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
408
I have been trying to set up a home network so I can use a printer that is hooked up to another computer, but I can't seem to access the computer. I am able to open the homegroup and view the computer, but when I try to access it I receive this message:

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (ME-F2E4FC1E4A0D)

It is available but is not responding to connection attempts. A firewall or network security policy on the remote computer might be blocking the connection on port "file and print sharing resource".

My computer is running windows 7 and the other computer is running windows xp. I have tried opening the file sharing port on my anti virus firewall, but I guess I am not opening all the correct ports.

Any ideas?
 
If you're trying to setup a network that has computers with multiple operating systems, make sure the Workgroup is the same. This is crucial for cross-version communication. For more info on the Windows workgroup, see here.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top