Installing Windows 7 without disk?

RapTure

Active Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
320
Hi guys. I just got my new motherboard and processor in the mail. However I wasn't aware that my new Mobo didn't support pata. So I am stuck with just 1 sata 80gb harddrive with nothing on it and no way to install an OS. I was thinking of installing ubuntu and installing windows 7 through ubuntu. any ideas?

TL:DR No way of installing Windows via dvd... alternatives?
 
You don't need an OS to install an OS. Just boot from the DVD drive and follow the steps. It takes about 1-2 hours.
 
Oops. Didn't clarify. I have an IDE dvd drive not sata. My though process so far is to install ubuntu via usb then edit the grub and insert the windows 7 install iso in the grub and boot through like that. I'll be getting a new dvd drive within the week but it's my pc and I need it now.
 
You can install Windows 7 via USB as well.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top