Gamestop blacklisting?

Gryphon Osiris

Active Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
329
I'm not sure where this would normally get posted, so I'm posting it here. Apparently to some reason that not even Gamestop knows why, I have been blacklisted from their web ordering site. No games, accessories, or even a Microsoft points card. When calling their support line, all that they can tell me is "Something" about me got flagged. It could be my name, my address, my e-mail, ect. It can't be undone, and they don't know what 'It' is.

I've put a complaint into BBB, but I doubt it will do anything.

Does anyone know of what, if anything that can be done about this?
 
Don't accept "something" as an answer...get in touch with a supervisor/manager. If you don't get a straight answer as to why...blast it to every social media site you can. That usually provokes a response. I do notice that some people have gotten blacklisted for buying multiples of items, to avoid possible reselling. I don't know why that would be an issue since they are still getting their money though...
 
Last edited:
Wow that is really strange. I have never of a company blacklisting a paying customer...
 
I'm not sure what you can do to correct the problem but a quick Google search proves this has happened to other customers. Try to connect using a different ip address. Also double check to make sure the credit card you are using is active and has sufficient funds. I hope the problem gets corrected.
 
The best thing about the free market is choosing where you spend your own money, if they want to black list a paying customer. I would just turn to another website to buy my item. If they keep doing this there will be a backlash against their company and make them loss money.
 
I've decided that Bestbuy and Amazon are going to get whatever business that may have gone to gamestop. So, basically they will never again get a dime from me. Hope that they are happy.
 
Why would a business prevent people from giving them money?
I ask myself this question whenever an online service won't accept PayPal from me because I'm Canadian.

It's poor customer service when a company makes it difficult for you to pay for something. I'm looking at you, iTunes.
 
Back
Top