Ram running at wrong clock.

RapTure

Active Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
320
I have 8GB of corsair vengeance ddr3 1600, gigabyte ga-970a-d3 mobo, and an fx4100 OC'ed to 4.3 GHz.

My ram in the bios is running at 1333 and when I set the multiplier to the proper one for 1600 and save the settings when it reboots it posts and says my PC can't boot due to overclocking and it resets my bios to last known good. Any help?
 
Last edited:
you may have to set memory timings manually in the bios. Try that they let us know how it goes.
 
From Newegg it seems like there are various different types of corsair vengeance ddr3 1600.

"Tested to run at 1600MHz at latency of 9-9-9-24 and 1.5V. "

Those are the most common settings I saw but they also make some that runs at 1.35v for the same price.

Could be completely wrong here but thinking that maybe when you set the timings for 1600, the mobo automatically pushes the ram to 1.5v and if it's in fact the 1.35v memory, it throws an error?

I think I remember seeing this error before when trying to get the voltage up for 1.65v ram when using a gigabyte board but didn't wind up keeping the board so not sure if that was the problem.
 
try 1.55v?

1.6 if that doesn't work

1.65

check the timings. I have one board that will set them to 1066 6-6-6-19 default, which just won't happen for most sticks.
 
Auto clocking works too on some boards. If you can, set the setting to 1600 and manually set the voltage.
 
one stick at a time, see if that is the problem?

also, if you increased the reference clock, that will raise the ram speed as well

200x8 = 1600MHz
250x8 = 2000MHz
 

Latest posts

Back
Top