So after playing CS:S on my Dell 1521 laptop these past years, I finally decided to buy a desktop. On my laptop I got around 10-15 fps on low settings and played with a $20 wireless mouse from Wal-mart and ear buds from my daughters Ipod. I got a lot of lag but I enjoyed playing because it was a way for me to blow off steam after work.
I went to Best Buy and picked up a DX4860 tower, a 20 LED monitor, a Razor Deathadder mouse, & a Razor Carcharias headset all for about $850. After hooking it up and jumping on High School, the difference was amazing. It really made me wish I bought a new computer sooner. I played on the highest settings and got over 100fps, it looked so much more "crisp" and ran so smooth. My KDR went from a .8 to well over a 2.0 for the round I played.
People on High School, look out.
I went to Best Buy and picked up a DX4860 tower, a 20 LED monitor, a Razor Deathadder mouse, & a Razor Carcharias headset all for about $850. After hooking it up and jumping on High School, the difference was amazing. It really made me wish I bought a new computer sooner. I played on the highest settings and got over 100fps, it looked so much more "crisp" and ran so smooth. My KDR went from a .8 to well over a 2.0 for the round I played.
People on High School, look out.


















