Case fan help

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
I just got an email from Newegg about a coupon on case fans. The great news about it is that its only limited to purchasing $100 worth of em, which is great (ive never purchased $100 worth of computer stuff in years). However I still seem to not understand the power of fans that well. This sale is only good for 2 more days, so if I could get someone to somehow educate me on the different speeds of case fans (possibly in a video), that would really help in my purchasing decision. I want a case fan that will send quite a bit of air, but also can be decently quiet. I dont mind some noise. If I have to, ill get a controller later on, based on which controllers are the best.
Thanks in advance.
 
I can't teach you a whole lot about case fans but I just bought some Cooler Master sickflow silent green led fans. I love em. The only noise is from air moving and they move a good amount of air. Not to mention cheap as dirt. I picked up 3 for 17 dollars.
 
my silverstone fm121 moves a lot of with its 9 blades but it is really loud on full blast. It also comes with a manual controller that is a pain to install because it's supposed to go in a floppy disc slot but i modded mine in to an expansion slot.$20
the sickleflow is pretty decent fan for the price.
ball bearing fans best for overall use, sleeve bearing fans quieter at first but tend to get louder over time and you can't place them parallel to the floor. There r other kinds of bearing but those r usually more than $25 and i dont pay attention to them.
 
i just bought 9 schythe typhoon fans (3000rpm) with a fan controller, mainly because i read that these are 1 of the best fans you can buy. only set back is they are $22 a fan. But i got sick of replacing the coolermaster led fans every 2 months. So I figured I would do it right this time.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top