Gaming mic

Mr. Lemming

EGO Addict
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
1,316
So apparently my old Gamecom Pro 1 died at some point last week without me knowing it (well, I was getting sick at that point too), so I'm in need of a new mic for my computer.

I've looked at the headset thread, but pretty much all of those are well over what I'd like to pay, or discontinued and being sold at extraordinarily jacked-up prices by 3rd party retailers on Amazon. What I'd like is something sub-$50 that has good audio quality for a mic, it doesn't have to be a headset as I've found myself using the speakers more often than not since I rarely ever play CSS now (the main reason I bought the headset, I was able to hear footsteps with insane ease with it on). I've bought some shoddy CA stuff from Office Depot before, but every single time they die within a couple of months.

Any suggestions?
 
Normally yes I've got the voice comms coming through the headset on my actual gaming system (I still really, really need to get back to working on that thing), but this system I'm on now is so screwy it doesn't like seperating the stuff at all that I've seen.

Interesting setup, would actually work fairly well for me too as I use a Razer Lycosa keyboard with headset/mic jacks on the back of it. I'll take a closer look at them tomorrow when I'm not busy.
 
I use a logitech 20$ one from Walmart.. I used to buy 100$ headsets but they always broke. Now these.. These have lasted me 7 months.. Still clear :D
 
Try this
Good set of HEADPHONES
Webcam (built in mic)

Voice is mostly clear for me, no complaints from the others
And sound quality is amazing.

For $20 you can get a very nice pair of sony headphones with great bass and sound clarity
and for another $20 you can get a high quality Logitech webcam
Could be cheaper if you bought smart/used


Any sub $50 headset is going to have cheap sound quality regardless.
Being an audiophile, it matters to me

Just my $.02
 
I use Razer Carcharias they are $70. The bass isnt the best but i love them
 
I use Razer Carcharias they are $70. The bass isnt the best but i love them

Yeah, I'd recommend them too. They were my 1st pair of headsets.

They are a little higher then your budget, but they usually have sales at like Best Buy and other places. I picked them up for $40 at Best Buy last year.

Now I use Logitech G35, which are fantastic.
 
I roll this.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Headset-Premium-Laser-Tuned-981-000195/dp/B003NREDG4/ref=acc_glance_e_ai_ps_t_4[/ame]
 

Latest posts

Back
Top