Mouse Surface Reviews

RapTure

Active Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
320
Post in this thread a review of your mousing surface.
I will start.

Razer Scarab
MSRP: $39.99
Purchase link: http://store.razerzone.com/store/ra...parentCategoryID.35208900/categoryId.57933600

Pros:
Very big
Very fast tracking
Very Precise Tracking
Very slick
Great tactile feedback
Very Sturdy

Cons:
Since it is a hard mat it wears teflon out faster
get's dirty and needs to be cleaned with rubbing alcohol to remove small black spots from sweat buildup and dust.
 
Razer Exactmat
Price: I cant remember exactly.. around $35.00

Pros:
Large
Dual Sided
Precise
Good feedback
Rigid
Never slides
Definitely worth $35 bucks.

Cons:
They don't make it anymore. (Its been replaced by the Vespula)
Wore the speed side down after a 3 years. The slick part where it wore down is too reflective for the Razer Death Adder to be precise.
Had to switch to the Control Side. Both sides work great.
Should last me another 2-3 years.
GO DUAL SIDED!
 
IMHO, I have never been in the market for a high-end mousing surface. With that said, I have been more than satisfied with what I use. A variant of Fellowes mouse pad with wrist pad.

Pros:
Comfortable for extended use
No tracking issues thus far over three years of use
Minimal effort with cleaning it since I do not do a lot of sweating on it or the mouse

Cons:
Smallish? tracking area (can adjust with sensitivity in the mouse software)

I do not have a huge amount of space for my keyboard and mouse as it is on a sliding shelf under the desk surface but again, I have had no issues using my PC gaming area this way for, well lemme think.... a little over 13 years.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top