Building Gaming Rig on Budget

Well obviously prices will come down. I already stated this. But, if you look at the prices now, the only upgrade worthwhile is the 7850s for price/performance. 6970s, 560 Tis, and 570s are all overpriced in comparison.
 
At the current moment in time, I am considering just going for the best single-card. I have found after doing research that crossfire tends to run into problems with compatability, and some games do not offer crossfire (or take a while to offer it). Another thing to consider is the fact that most cards I could crossfire/sli would be 1gb cards, which I have seen from benchmarks do not perform well with very high details selected (at least not as well as 2gb+). I am watching the 7970 3GB. As I have heard, more cards should be coming out soon so I'm not rushing into anything.

I have also changed the case to the Paladin 410 because it seems to be an overall better case (in both airflow and design/functions)!
 
I am going to be purchasing this build either later today or tomorrow, but I have one final question before I post the specs I plan to go with.

Would I see more peformance in gaming by increasing the generation of my graphics card or by purchasing an SSD as my main drive. I can basically spend an extra $100 on a better graphics card if I do not choose the SSD.

I need to make a decision as I am pushing my budget.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top