2Fort Respawn Time

What do you want the respawn time to be?

  • Fast

    Points: 53 82.8%
  • Slow (8-12 seconds)

    Points: 11 17.2%

  • Total voters
    64
I would like to say that by changing the respawn time from quick/instant to standard, the 2fort community that I have worked to maintain for over a year now has been utterly destroyed. I am exhausted right now, having just got back from work, and do not have the energy to explain in an eloquent forum post, but if you wish to contact me (via Steam), I will be happy to discuss this at a later time. This move has done more to damage the server community than anything else, and I implore the leadership behind this decision to take into account the desires of the current players instead of such arbitrary measurements as server rankings.
 
Exactly what MSK said. I'm appalled this change would even go forth- common sense says not to fix what isn't broken, and changing a server known and successful for its fast respawn time to standard is about as out of touch and short-sighted as I've ever seen. Don't take it the wrong way- but seriously.
 
The change was made in order to keep quickplay on the server, we will be closely monitoring the server's performance over the next week.

-Kevi
 
To have a high ranking server now it a requirement to have quickplay.
Otherwise this happens:
lb38
 
To have a high ranking server now it a requirement to have quickplay.
Otherwise this happens:
lb38

Yes, because all that matters now for the TF2 division is ranking and not the actual server's community or the community's opinion in general.

(???)
 
Yes, because all that matters now for the TF2 division is ranking and not the actual server's community or the community's opinion in general.

(???)

Right now? Yes. But in a few months when we have 3 servers that are sub 150, we can talk about the community...
 
DO NOT MESS WITH THE RESPAWN TIME!!!!!

IT is perfectly fine. server is full most of the time and people are playing
 
Can someone explain why it would be important to have a high server ranking?
I am not asking a sticky question - I am just ignorant.

Thanks!
 
I have no clue why Server rankings mean anything at all, honestly, I would have prefered to keep the old player base instead of doing this. I guess it makes it easier for us to recruit new members because quickplay will drive more people, but I prefered playing with people I know on servers instead of having random pubs that I will probably not see again. I honestly do not see why we should worry about rankings like that.
 
alot of people like me hunt for the ir servers. as its much more of a challange to keep killing the other team to win. not like with timers. get a heavy and medic and spawn camp and u have their whole team on death timers..
also alot of normal players noticed and complained about it not being ir
 
I'm ignorant also, I guess. Can someone please explain what quick play is? Thanks!

Quick Play is like, when you load up TF2 and don't specifically open the server browser to look for something, you just hit "quick play" or whatever the wording is in the menu.

The issue is that Valve does the matchup for you, but they won't put you in any servers that are running anything outside of stock specs.
So, if the server alters the respawn time or adds any custom silliness it will never auto-place someone on there.

Getting more random peeps to join from this method is beneficial to overall server population. My question dealt with why maintaining a high server-rank (most people playing it the most amount of time) is important.

I'm sure it really is, I am not debating that. I just don't know the specifics of why it's important. It could be an arbitrary "just because..." and I'm fine with that too but I imagine it's more than that.
 
since they have enabled quickplay on our servers the respawn times have been defaulted. I LOVE WAITING TO PLAY AFTER EVERY DEATH!!!~
 
Last edited:
Thank you, Carmen Miranda. I appreciate you explaining it to me. I understand that for servers it's important to be high ranked. It doesn't matter to me, but I know it does matter to a lot of people.
 
I'd prefer Fast Respawn, but I understand how helpful Quick Play has been at keeping our servers full. It's unfortunate that Valve forces us to use the default respawn time if we choose to participate in the Quick Play program.
 
The poll is wrong. Slow is 20 seconds, which it is on right now.

Imo this has ruined the non-stop action we usually have on 2fort :(
 

Latest posts

Back
Top