Windows XP won't boot

Muffs

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Aug 11, 2010
Messages
3,061
Hello, one of my older computers that I tried to get some documents off of today will not boot up. It had been having some problems with a virus, but I'm not sure if that's the problem.

Basically what happens is I boot windows xp, in anything safe mode/safe mode with cmd etc. It starts to load, but then it stops loading and basically restarts itself and goes back to the boot menu.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I don't have a windows xp CD to use the system recovery console.
 
Could be bad RAM; I had a Windows XP machine once that I think did something similar. I read that changing the RAM out might fix it; although I didn't think it would work, it did, so you could try that, at least to find out if that's the problem and to get the files off your computer.

If that doesn't work, you could always just remove the hard drive and insert it into another computer to access the files.
 
I think the hard drive has tons of viruses though o.o
 

Latest posts

Back
Top