Ethernet Controller

Cascsiany

Dust 2 Devotee
Sr. Manager
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
4,202
Hey guys I'm having problems with my computer. It went to black and said something about it was restarted to prevent an error "pfn_list_corrupt" from causing problems to the computer. I've gone into device manager and found 2 problems, the first I got fixed no problem but the other couldn't find the driver. I uninstalled the device and it came back with the same problem. Then I used the DVD that came with my mobo and tried to find the driver there. I found it and installed the driver, but came up with an error realtek PCIe GBE family controller error code 10. Just a couple minutes ago I received another error "Reference_by_pointer". Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Gigabyte 970A-D3 is the mobo.
 
What you experienced was a blue screen of death, sometimes it happens.

pfn_list_corrupt translates to "a bad driver."

Code 10 translates to "device can not start."

=

The device can not start due to a bad driver and force starting it results in a BSOD. Reference by pointer indicates that the reference count of an object is illegal for the current state of the object.

I must go out and get drunk with my friends, but when I return later tonight I will come up with resolutions for your problem if one is not already present.
 
Sorry about last night, after 14 shots of Jager and a half bottle of Vodka, I could barely piss standing up.

Let's try reinstalling your Ethernet driver completely.

Go here and choose your proper OS and download the network driver from their.

Uninstall your current network driver completely. You know how to use device manager, so I assume you know how to uninstall a driver. Right click on the network driver, click uninstall.

After it is uninstalled, you must restart your PC, do not skip this step.

Install the new network driver from scratch and see if the problem continues to exist.

Post in this thread with a thumbs up or thumbs down.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top